Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sunday, took a Sick Day

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Saturday evening, I made crackers and didn’t get to sleep until nearly midnight because I didn’t think to eat anything more substantial than crackers until 11:00.  Sunday morning, I slept in and took Petey on a late walk, picking up litter on our walking route. 

I know; I said I’d never do that again.  But I have to learn a lesson twice to confirm the mistake.  Not only is it not aerobic; it is tiring.  Me stopping to pick up stuff gives Petey permission to stop and sniff, and to keep going as I’m trying to go back for a piece of litter.  By the time I got home, my legs were rubber.  I didn’t have the strength to do Tai Chi even after resting an hour. 

It felt like I was coming down with something, which was really irritating.  I’d left the pavers waiting for Sunday at Schroeder Park, and I had a pot-luck party that I really wanted to go to and made extra crackers for.  But it wouldn’t do to work myself sick or spread the flu around a party, so I went to bed, tried to sleep, and hoped to feel better later.  I didn’t, so I sent my regrets by e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment