Friday, February 7, 2014

Cleaning Up Here and There

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Driving home from Schroeder, I stopped at the Intersection of the Redwoods; picked up the week’s accumulated litter on both sides of Redwood Avenue where people wait for the light; worked toward Redwood Highway to the guardrail; and picked up a pile of broken auto glass behind the light pole.  I then pulled out my blower, and blew off as much gravel from the roadway into the triangle as I could with the power available in my batteries. 

Here’s betting that, next week, the butts will at least be thrown farther off the road, into the gravel.  Maybe I’ll start sweeping it up and dumping it in the ditch across the road next week.

My next project of the day was picking up litter on the east side of the 6th Street Caveman Bridge, starting at the nearest corner, preparatory to cleaning it.  I was partway down the bridge from Voorhies when I got called away to give someone a ride home from across the river.  By the time I got home, I had decided that the block bounded by 6th, Voorhies, 7th, and Bridge was driving me nuts with the amount of litter on it, and the cleaning of the Caveman Bridge could wait until next Monday.

I had to go babysit by 4:30, but I learned that my grandson had cleaned his room early on the hope that I would take him for a walk, picking up trash.  So I went over there about an hour early and cleaned with him along N Street for a while before his mama went to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment