Monday, February 17, 2014

A bit of evil fun and a great tool

Fairgrounds lights from across the Rogue, below the Wastewater Treatment Plant

Saturday, February 8th and Monday the 10th, 2014

Something exciting was happening across the river in the Fairgrounds Saturday morning, when I walked Petey in the pre-dawn darkness.  As I rounded the corner of the wastewater treatment plant below Spruce and approached the river, I heard a shout.  Sitting by the river a few minutes later, I heard a distinct whoop of excitement.  Considering the location and time of day, it was probably evil fun.  I called city police and let the dispatcher know about it.

Picking up litter along the route after first light, Petey and I stopped at the dog park to throw some balls, so I didn’t take him to the dog park later, when I blew off the bark on the path and around the parking lot, and picked up some rocks. 

Rain started before I could go to work at my Mom and Dad’s place for the day, so I decided to do them on Monday.  Gardening must be done with proper timing, and customers must be served on a regular schedule, so if I get rained out of gardening, I have to give up a litter cleaning day to serve them, as long as I keep them.  Of course, I’ll never drop my parents even when I am making enough at litter cleaning to make a living, but I may hire gardening help for them.  It would also be nice to pay them back in cash as well as labor.

On Monday, I had some business downtown first.  While driving down C Street past a jury parking lot, I saw a man kicking some mulch off the sidewalk.  On the way to work, I drove back that way and stopped long enough to blow the mulch off that section of sidewalk with my little battery-powered blower.


This is one tool that every homeowner and store owner should have on hand for quick cleanup jobs.  It’s light and easy to grab and use, with no cord or gas engine, and quiet enough not to need ear plugs.  Its charge only lasts about 15-20 minutes, but an extra battery and a fast charger allow one to do wonders over the course of a day’s work.  I don’t recommend any particular brand because they are all good, and they keep changing and improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment