Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Litter cleaning is not aerobic

January 28th, 2014

I've been getting out of shape.  I figured out a while back that serious litter cleaning and dog walking do not mix well, and stopped walking the dog when I work.  It is not aerobic exercise.  Where the litter is thick, one does a lot of standing still but it wears out the hands and arms.  I've been becoming ambidextrous with my litter grabber, switching hands as they get tired.

I went shopping for new used clothing, and found that I am a size 10, larger than I like.  My dog has also been getting out of shape, getting injured from chasing balls, and I put my back out working on the Caveman Bridge.  I had to wear cabbage on it all day yesterday and last night.

So yesterday, I started walking him first thing in the morning, before daylight and before I write.  In the dark, it is easy to ignore the litter.  By the time it is light at that hour, I will be used to it.  I can pick up our route once a week when it's light, after I take an aerobic walk.  Dog walking works with litter cleanup when the route is fairly clean.

This morning, as I walked down Greenwood and along the river trail, I saw lit up buildings through the trees, apparently across the river.  They must be the fairgrounds buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment