Sunday, April 6, 2014

Starting the 7th Street Bridge

Sunday, March 16, 2014

I’d had a hankering to clean the 7th Street Bridge for some time.  It’s a simple bridge, without the arches and columns that hide and shelter litter and litterers on the Caveman Bridge, so most of the litter is too small to see from a moving car.  But I had to do Greenwood Dog Park and check out Baker Park first, so I got there later than I wanted.

I parked at the old drive-in eatery on Park and 7th, and started, as usual, by cleaning up the parking lot and the grass near 7th.  There was a lot in the grass, and it continued to be a lot as I worked my way toward the bridge on that side of the road.  I kept filling my bucket and having to walk back to the truck, occasionally working down the hill to get pieces of trash. 


By the time I got to the bridge, it was getting late, and I only managed to work half-way down one side.

No comments:

Post a Comment